LITTLE KNOWN FACTS ABOUT AVON
Wednesday, November 25 2009
LITTLE KNOWN FACTS ABOUT AVON<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
1. AVON is the world's largest direct selling company. In over one hundred countries, AVON is a leader in beauty products.
2. AVON is not only the value leader with products priced far below department store brands (or even discount store brands), but AVON is also the leader in quality and innovation.
3. AVON is one of women's top 10 favorite brands. In an independent mark.eting study conducted last spring, women were asked about 250 brands. AVON was the only beauty or direct seller to make the list.
4. Andrea Jung, Chairman and CEO, and Susan Kropf, President and COO, have been named among the best managers of the year 2002 in Business Week's Jan. 13, 2003, cover story.
5. AVON is the #1 seller of jewelry and watches in the world. Our jewelry line now includes fine jewelry with genuine gold and gem stones.
6. All AVON jewelry is nickel-free and hypoallergenic unless otherwise stated
7. AVON is the world's largest seller of fragrances (perfume, cologne etc.)
8. AVON has the largest color palette on the planet
9. AVON has the only anti-aging cream eye shadow on the mark.et-- Beyond Color Triple Benefit Eye shadow.
10. AVON has more lipsticks sold in the United States than any leading competitor, including L'Oreal and Revlon.
11. AVON has the only anti-aging lip conditioner with collagen.
12. AVON was the first major cosmetics company to announce a permanent end to animal testing
13. In 1987 AVON was first to stabilize vitamin C, which stimulates collagen production for firmer skin. This is now available in AVON's Anew Clearly C Serum, as well as Anew Ultimate Skin Transforming Cream.
14. AVON was the first company to bring Alpha Hydroxy Acids to the mass mark.et
15. The makeupalley.com website users ranked AVON's Anew Ultimate as the highest-ranked skincare product on the entire site, with a 4.7 out of 5 rating
16. AVON's Anew Retroactive is the #1 selling anti-aging skin care product in the world
17. AVON is a Fortune 500 company
18. AVON was one of the first companies to offer opportunities for women to own their own business
19. AVON sells America's favorite bath oil and bubble bath
20. AVON is the #2 seller of videos in the U.S., right behind Columbia House
21. AVON has raised over $250 million dollars for breast cancer charities, more than any other corporate sponsor
22. AVON was the first major company to stabilize retinol for use in an anti-aging treatment. AVON's Line Eliminator Neo-Retinol Line Plumper won Self Magazine's Healthy Beauty Award in 2002.
23. AVON's Nail wear Nail Enamel also won Self Magazine's Healthy Beauty Award in 2002.
24. The Cosmetic Executive Women's Association awarded its Best New Sun Product 2002 award to Skin-So-Soft Bug Guard Plus IR3535 Moisturizing Sun block Lotion SPF 15. AVON products have won numerous awards from this organization in the past.
25. AVON Representatives have the potential to advance by attracting and training new recruits. We've expanded to let licensed Representatives sell AVON products in shopping malls and retail locations around the world. It's an exciting time to be selling AVON and buying it...
26. AVON is The Company for Women. Today, as always, our vision is to be the company that best understands and satisfies the product, service and self-fulfillment needs of women globally.